Tuesday, December 15, 2009

::Bad Blogger!::

Ok, so after another period of me being MIA... here I am, once again :)

It's been a crazy month, to say the least, what with the Holidays coming around, finishing up the Opera, and my other NYC audition... But, I am back to tell you about all of it, and update you a bit :)

So, I did not get into the Santa Fe Young Artist Summer Program (the one I went to NYC with the hubby to Audition for). I kinda had a feeling too... they weren't too into what I was doing, overall, and I definitely sensed it... so as they say, I'm "moving right along..."

We ended our running of Pagliacci/Suor Angelica swimingly... it went fantastically, and I was so proud to be part of such a stellar production! Everyone did such a wonderful job. Tonight, we begin work on our next production, which opens January 23rd - the day before our 1 year Anniversary - Lucia di Lammermoor. I am partial to this Opera, especiallly since I am studying the role of Lucia. In my opinion, it has some beautiful tunes, and is the epitame of Bel Canto style... but I digress. :) I am happy to get back to work after a few days off... since we closed Pagliacci on the 5th, I've had a little break... but it's time to get back to work :)

My 2nd trip to NYC on the 6th was nothing short of a whirlwind! Since I had the final performance of Pag/Suor, I didn't have the luxury of flying up the day before (my audition was on the 6th - the next day), so I flew up that morning, with a 7 AM flight, landed in JFK at about 10 in the morning, and had an audition at 2:40. Did I mention that my flight back was scheduled for the same day at 5:15 PM? Yea. Now you understand what I meant by whirlwind. Fly up, sing, fly back. Fun. Being that I was going to be so flustered, I decided to schedule some time in a practice room a bit before my audition... I called up Shetler studios and booked a room from 1 - 2PM, right next door to my audition. I took my time, sang through my rep, warmed-up, changed into my audition attire, did my makeup, and headed over to the audition. I actually believe that I sang very well. Contrary to my Santa Fe audition, the people I sang for (Crested Butte Music Festival) seemed to really enjoy my Audition, so here's hoping! If I am chosen, it means I'll be spending a Month (July 1st - August 5th) in Crested Butte, Colorado. Here's a little more information about the program:

http://crestedbuttemusicfestival.com/

So, now we wait, and prepare for my next audition... January 3rd at 1:15pm with Florida Grand Opera for their Young Artist Program. I already sing for their Chorus, but am hoping that I get a shot to fill a Young Artist slot for next year as their Lyric Soprano :) They haven't had many local singers make it in, in the past, so we shall see how that goes. One thing is for sure, I'm really hopeful :) Here is some info on that program, as well:

http://www.fgo.org/young-artists/


After that, I have an Audition for Opera North taking place on February 15th in Sarasota. The Haitian Diva ( www.thehaitiandiva.blogspot.com ) and I were both granted Auditions with them, and will be heading up there the day before, on the 14th. I am looking forward to it! This is another wonderful company to sing for, and I can't wait :) Here is a link to their website:

http://www.operanorth.org/

So, other than my news on current happenings in my Opera World, things have been going well... it's the Holiday Season, once again, and I couldn't be happier. I love this time of year more and more as the years go by... and more so because I have truly begun learning about treasuring all these special moments :) Instead of wanting to rush these days by, wanting it to be Christmas Day, I am taking my time each day, enjoying the season and the spirit of the Holidays. I am DVRing all the Christmas Movies I can, sipping Egg Nog as I watch them sitting on the couch with Mr. R and our Pooch (Madison), admiring our Christmas Tree and Decorations. I love this time of year! And every chance I get to spend time with Family... I take it! After all, that's what this time is about... sure, the presents and all that other stuff are great... but the biggest present ever is the present, as in the present moment!

This Holiday Season is extra special for me, because it's the first one in which my Husband and I spend it together as a Married Couple. I am so blessed to have someone like him by my side. He is a wonderful person, with a wonderful family. I am so lucky! :) And exactly one month from Christmas Eve we will be Celebrating our 1st Wedding Anniversary! I honestly can't believe it's been almost a year, already... no one can! The time really has flown this year...

Well, time to go catch up on my Blog Reads!

Happy Blogging :)

No comments:

Post a Comment