Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Lucky

I realize, more and more everyday, how lucky I am to have been blessed with my talent to sing, and have a real career, not just a job. I know it seems a bit frivolous, singing for a living, but honestly, why not? I love what I do... and it is not as easy as it seems. Nothing worth having is easy to come by... and that is why I work harder and harder everyday to get where I need to be.

So many people go day in day out through their lives waking up driving to some place, faking it all day just to
get a paycheck, and then going home to repeat it the next day... Even though my career choice hasn't always been easy, I truly love what I do... I love being part of something like the Opera world.

I am also so happy to have found someone like my Husband who supports me beyond anything. I cannot even count how many times I have been ready to give up my voice lessons and singing because it was getting too hard or too expensive... but he has never allowed me to do give up! He knows how important it is to have a dream and make it a reality... especially since almost 2 years ago, he and his friend started a business with nothing... no loans, no advice, no help... just a few contacts and through the use of their computers and phones (and our 2nd bedroom). Now, they have their own warehouse with their own inventory, and are doing pretty well for themselves! I am so proud of them...

If you have a dream, don't be stupid and follow it! Do what you have to do to make it a reality... don't get caught up in junk and stupidities... reach for your dreams, no matter how far fetched they may seem... and never, NEVER, let anyone weigh you down!

Happy Blogging! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment