Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Cupcake Wars

So I finally caught one episode of the show... I had been reminded by a few people that I know to watch it, but somehow I missed last weeks, and finally caught the midnight showing of today's show...

I have to say that I was a bit torn as I watched. A local Bakery, Cupcakes Nouveau were competing, along with a Vegan Cupcake baker, and two other traditional cupcake creators. I honestly felt that what the Miami girls brought to the table was really great, and was disappointed to see them eliminated after the 2nd round, despite all the creativity and cuteness they brought to the table. I haven't personally tried their cupcakes, but I have heard wonderful things about them. There was actually a review posted about them (click here to view it) on my favorite cupcake blog, Cupcakes Take The Cake... but unfortunately, the Vegan girl ended up winning the prize. Her display was fantastic, I must say, and it is definitely a wonderful opportunity for her, especially since she has only been baking professionally for 3 months, but I honestly don't know how I feel about Vegan Cupcakes. I guess I'll have to try some out for myself someday and see.

Anyway, if you like cupcakes, and you want to check out the show, it is airing on Tuesday nights at 9pm on the Food Network. Hopefully, I'll be able to watch it at it's normal time next time around ;)

Happy Blogging! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment