Wednesday, September 9, 2009

<3 Backstage at the Opera <3


I came across some old photos from my backstage antics with the Florida Grand Opera chorus, and I thought I'd share... Good times ;) ENJOY!

These dark haired versions of me are from the Opera "Carmen", which is also going to be presented this season. It's actually a great story filled with WONDERFUL music - many tunes are actually very famous, and recognizable. If you've ever wanted to see an Opera, but didn't know how to go about it, or weren't sure which one you should go see... this is a DEFINITE must!!! It's a great choice for an "Opera Virgin" ;)

This production took place when we were still at the Dade County Auditorium. Since then, FGO has found a new venue - The Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts, formerly known as the Carnival Center.
Posing backstage in my "Gypsy" Costume.

















On stage in the "Cigarette Girl" Scene with The Haitian Diva, http://www.thehaitiandiva.blogspot.com/











This silly photo is from the production "Manon Lescaut". This was my 2nd Costume. I kind of look like Princess Toadstool, or something ;) That wig was huge and HEAVY!!!!














These last photos are from the French Opera, "Samson et Dalila" My First Costume was as one of the "Handmaidens" so to speak... I loved this costume! Very comfy...
And this is from "Samson et Dalila" during the Orgy Scene where we transformed!



















I'll see what else I can dig up :) Hope you enjoyed my trip down Memory Lane!
If you are interested in seeing any shows from our upcoming season, visit www.FGO.org
Happy Blogging!

4 comments:

  1. That is so cool! Congratulations! Those costumes are amazing and Im sure you kick butt on that stage!
    I wish there was something like this for us non-opera singers. Looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it, even if you don't sing Opera :) It's chorus, so you just have to know how to read music, etc... It's not hard :) At first, my music reading skills were not very good... but little by little they have improved :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you look great... Can I come over and play dress up with your old costumes?lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LoL! I wish... but they are Property of Florida Grand Opera (some) or other companies that they rent costumes from sometimes :)

    ReplyDelete